DivX Pro for Windows (incl. DivX Player)'s Description
The DivX for Windows download includes: DivX Player 6.4, DivX Community Codec 6.6, DivX Web Player 1.3.0 and the free trial versions of DivX Converter 6.2 (15-day trial including the MPEG-2/DVD plug-in) and DivX Pro Codec 6.6 (15-day trial)
The DivX Player plays every DivX video ever created, including purchased or rented DivX movies, DivX HD files, and videos created with advanced features such as menus, subtitles and more. In addition, the DivX Player now allows you to publish videos directly to Stage6. Of course, you can also still burn your DivX movies to disc to play them directly on your TV using a DivX certified device.
Key features of "DivX Player"
- Full DivX video playback - Play any DivX video, including purchased or rented DivX movies.
- HD playback enhancement - The DivX Player is enhanced to give you the full value of DivX HD video.
- Download manager - Finesse your DivX video downloads like never before. Queue, pause and progressively play video downloads. Add URLs of DivX videos hosted online for automatic downloading.
- Media manager - Organizing your DivX videos is easier than ever before.
- Playlists - Keep the art of the mixed tape alive by creating the ultimate video playlist.
- Burn to disc - Drag and burn multiple DivX videos to CD/DVD from within the player for playback on certified devices. Burn, baby, burn!
- User account management - Activate and manage certified devices including DVD players, portable media players and more from within the DivX Player interface.
- MP3 surround sound - Enjoy 5.1 channel, room-rattling MP3 surround sound from the DivX Player.
The DivX Codec takes the power of advanced digital video compression to the next level, encoding video at resolutions up to high-definition 1920 x 1080. That's right, you heard it straight: 1080i and 1080p, at a fraction of the file size.
Key features of "DivX Codec"
- Compress digital video 5 to 10 times more than MPEG-2/DVD format and hundreds of times over raw digital video
- Encode high-definition (HD) video at resolutions up to 1080p
- Play DivX videos on almost any 3rd party software media player
- Achieve the perfect balance between visual quality and performance with six carefully optimized encoding modes
- Enjoy maximized performance for all multithreaded processors (Intel Core Duo and Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 and Athlon 64 FX)
- Reduce grain and low-light noise (common with DV cameras) without significantly degrading the video with the automated noise reduction feature
Key features of "DivX Web Player"
- Plays all DivX videos - Play any DivX video in your web browser
- Very small download - Downloads and installs in seconds (less than 1MB!)
- Cross-platform support - Compatible with nearly every popular web browser
- Superior compression - Enables higher quality video at smaller file sizes
- Full-screen mode - Double-clicking on the screen switches playback to full-screen mode for a more cinematic experience
- Full-screen navigation controls - Left clicking in full-screen mode accesses convenient video navigation controls
- Windowed mode - Allows users to watch videos in a separate window while continuing to surf (right click on the player to access it)
- HD Playback - Supports DivX high definition (HD) video
- Skinnable - Allows webmasters to personalize the player to match their web pages
- Multiple audio tracks - Supports multiple available audio tracks
- Subtitles - Allows subtitles for multiple languages
- Desktop dimmer – Automatically dims the desktop screen around the web player while videos are playing for a better viewing experience
Converting your videos into DivX video can be done in one easy step. Simply drag your videos onto the DivX Converter and click "convert." That's it - you're done. That may sound more like two steps, but it's really one full step and one "baby step." The point is, it's really, really easy to create a DivX video.
Key features of "DivX Converter"
- Convert nearly any popular video format to a DivX file
- Convert digital video camera footage into DivX video with up to 25:1 savings to easily store and share home movies
- Merge and convert multiple files into a single DivX file with an automatically generated menu
- Back up your home-made DVDs, compress a full movie to fit onto one regular CD (requires the optional DivX Converter MPEG-2/DVD Plug-in)
Advanced encoding settings
The DivX Converter simplifies the conversion process, making it easier than ever to create high-quality, highly compressed DivX videos. And it does just that. However, we know that some of you still want precise control over the encoding process, so the DivX Converter also lets you tweak advanced settings and customize the process. For example, these advanced encoding settings allow you to:
- Specify output file sizes to create videos that fit to disc
- Change encoding bitrates for precision control
- Resize videos
Converting is just the beginning
Once you've converted videos to DivX the real fun begins. Now you can:
- Add advanced features like interactive menu screens and multiple audio tracks to your DivX videos with DivX Author
- Transfer video to certified handheld or portable devices
- Play DivX videos with advanced features on any DivX Ultra Certified product
- Store an entire video library on your hard drive without taking up valuable storage space
- Post your home movies online
- Email videos to a friend (or enemy)
- Do lots of other cool stuff we can't think of right now ...