FTP Commander Deluxe's Description
FTP Commander Deluxe was designed for the most demanding webmasters and has just about everything the professional expects from similar programs and even a little more.
Secure ftp client includes all current safety standards, such as SSL, TLS, SSH, PGP, password encryption. FTP client supports multithreading data transfer, the ability to synchronize folders and files, scripting, and 128-256 bit encryption. You can create separate rules for error handling, file copying, event handling, and determine what actions the program should perform after completing these processes.
Deluxe ftp client creates all the necessary number of sessions to support single file transfer. This allows you to continue navigating a site during file transfer. Program settings allow you to provide "smart" rules for renaming files and handling extensions, rules for changing the registry and adjusting the transmission mode (ASCII or Binary), and there is also a special editor for CR-LF symbols. This is very important for editing scripts. The ftp program can automatically switch into or out of passive transmission mode if it is necessary to correct mistakes in the connection's parameter input.
The FTP client is equipped with a very convenient site manager (ftp server editor), which allows you to work easily with a large number of sites, and it has a built-in zip archiver, so you can keep an archived copy of the site on the server and automatically extract compressed files, which reduces the number of extra steps for the user.
FTP software allows working with file groups and changing of file attributes on the ftp server in a separate window. With the special editor, they can be edited right on the server. You can also create additional custom ftp commands with the macro language and add them to your primary menu. The customized commands can be conveniently grouped under various labels. You can also link to an external HTML editor for editing web pages and other files.
Among other ftp client functions we should mention the ability to get and recover interrupted downloads, support for connecting to a server with special commands to prevent being disconnected, maintaining ftp log files, comparing and synchronizing directories in different time zones with a double click, tracking buffer exchange, transferring files larger than 1 GB, support for proxy, firewalls, SOCKS 4, 4.5 and 5, indication of download speed, ability to assign the original directory to each server, both on the server itself and on the local hard disk. This allows you to speed up your work and avoid separate searches. Thus, after connecting you will receive a server open to the catalogue needed on the right, and on the left the hard disk is pointing to the same catalogue. Different files are color highlighted between the local directory and the server. A built in task scheduler can perform your work overnight, while you are asleep.
Key features of "FTP Commander Deluxe"
- Upload and download one or more files, as well as whole folders and subdirectories
Resume and complete file transfers when the connection has been interrupted.
- Delete one or more files, as well as whole folders and subdirectories - managing remote servers has never been faster and easier.
- FTP connection profiles you use the most can be saved, allowing you to connect to each one with one click of the mouse.
- Unlimited number of profiles
- Drag-and-drop file transfer, pop-up help, and a context sensitive menu (called up by right-clicking the mouse).
- Built-in Compression. During transfer, files can be automatically compressed into the .ZIP archive file format, reducing transfer time and improving throughput.
- Set up data transfer modes (ASCII or Binary). Automatically assign file transfer parameters according to the type of file being uploaded (parameters can easily be expanded).
- Passive and Active (Port) transfers.
- Auto-detect transfer mode. FTP software can automatically turn on/off the passive data transfer mode as needed and correct connection settings input errors.
- Display hidden server directories and files . Server directories are sometimes hidden from view - program's handy directory modification option reveals them.
- Sort data according to date, size, or name - both on local computers and remote servers.
- Use the filter mask to display the files types you want to upload. Type in *.htm or *.html and all you'll see is your web page files. Or type in *.css and all you'll see is your style sheets. Very handy for hiding clutter, like backup files (*.bak), from view.
- View files or folders as tables, lists, and as large and small icons.
- Display file assotiated icons
- CHMOD command
- Advanced CHMOD command dialog (file attributes dialog)
- Compare directories on local and remote access computers. When comparing the contents of the local directory and the server contents, files that differ are highlighted.
- Synchronize directories on local and remote access computers . Compare folder contents (modified or new files) or perform robust mirroring operations.
- Specify both the initial directory you connect to on the FTP server and the local directory you want to upload from (or download to).
- Allows you to set a special server response format and a rule for reading the list of server-based files and folders.
- Standard FTP compatible with any industry standard FTP server
- SSL (FTPS)
- SSL protocol provides session-level identification and encryption, establishes the client-server channel and ensures data transfer security and privacy by means of encryption.
- SSL v3 (TLS) Support,
- SSL Explicit (AUTH SSL) Support
- SSL Implicit (Port 990)
- SSL 2, SSL 3, TLS 1, and TLS 1.1
- SSL Client & Server Certificate Support
- SSL Certificate Creation Wizard
- SSL Certificate Local Trusted Store
- SSL Use Windows Trusted Root CA Store
- SSL "Strong" Keys
- Secure FTP (SFTP) provides safe authorization, integrity and privacy of data transfer using SSH protocols.
- SSH (Secure Shell) connect securely to SFTP Servers using password or public-key based authentication .
- SSH2 Secure Shell (SFTP) Support
- SSH2 Password & Public Key Authentication
- SSH2 Identify File Creation Wizard (RSA/DSA Keys)
- SSH2 Sec. Key Password Store or Prompt Option
- SSH2 Cipher, Mac, Compression Options
- SSH2 Trusted Identity Store
- Strong 128-bit and 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standards.
- Encryption algorithms includes DES, TripleDES, Blowfish, Twofish256, Twofish192, Twofish128, AES256, AES192, AES128, AES256, Serpent256, Serpent192, - Serpent128, ARCFOUR, IDEA, and CAST128.
- PGP (Pretty Good Privacy)
- PGP provides you with the ability to create an additional level of privacy. It works by encrypting a file with key technology so that only the file recipient, who had previously provided their public key can read it.
- Supports Proxy, Firewall, Sockets 4, 4.5, and 5.
- Multiple Connections. Multitasking data transfer mode. To support simultaneous file transfer, ftp client creates the required number of sessions. At this time (during the file transfer process), a user can continue browsing the site.
- Transfer Integrity. Verify the integrity of the transfered file by comparing the destination file's checksum against the source.
- Keep the FTP connection when the program is idle. Servers tend to break off the connection automatically when you stop using it for any length of time (often minutes). ftp client counteracts this by sending out regular retention prompts to keep you connected
- Toggles the letter case of files names on both local computers and remote servers - handy if your site contains a link to a file named "ftpclient.gif," but you uploaded it as "FTPclient.Gif."
- Auto Change-Case rules
- Carriage return symbols editor which can be very useful when editing scripts.
- Multiple Folder Caching Options
"Smart" file renaming rules. Filename Conversions. Apply file name changes on files being uploaded or downloaded. Use extension processing rules. No No Yes
- After Transfer Events Controls
- Supports FTP Log File
- Advanced multi-session log file
- Europe and USA date format, Time Zone options
- Advanced Remote & Local Timestamp Controls
- Custom Commands
- Advanced custom command manager. You can set up additional custom commands and add them to the main menu. Custom commands can be grouped by various criteria.
- Scheduled Transfers & Tasks. The built-in scheduler.
- Backup to FTP. Automatically backup data to remote ftp server.
- FTP Backup. Automatically backup your entire FTP server or a selected folder to local storages
- FTP to FTP backup. Automatically backup your entire FTP server or a selected folder to remote FTP.
- Copy (Mirror) files from one PC server to another PC or FTP.
- Compressing with zip (gzip compatible)
- Automatically restart interrupted transfers or manually restart paused transfers from the point it left off. No more time wasted supervising the program during uploads or downloads.
- Ability to start third-party utilities before and after archiving/mirroring
- Ability to run tasks manually
- Edit file locally.
- Edit file on the server. The special editor allows you to edit files directly on the server.
- External HTML Editor. It is also possible to connect an external HTML editor to edit web pages and other files.
- Interface Localization
- Very small installation package size