Home » News » Linux » KOffice 1.6.3 released
The KDE Project announced the release of KOffice version 1.6.3, the second maintenance release of KOffice 1.6
KOffice is an integrated office suite, today mostly for KDE, which utilizes free and open standards like OpenDocument for its document formats, component communication and component embedding.
This release includes:
- a frame-based, full-featured word processor (KWord);
- a spreadsheet application (KSpread);
- a presentation application (KPresenter);
- a flowchart application (Kivio);
- an integrated database application (Kexi);
- a new project management application (KPlato).
- a pixel based image editing and paint application (Krita);
- a vector-drawing application (Karbon14).
Additionally, KOffice includes robust embeddable objects:
- business quality reporting software (Kugar)
- full-featured charting engine (KChart)
- mathematical formula handling (KFormula)
as well as a built-in thesaurus (KThesaurus) and support for many different file formats.
KOffice and all its components (including KDE) are available for free under Open Source licenses from the KDE http and ftp mirrors.