It’s sure to get you noticed – but the svelte, easy-to-use new Cyber-shot T20 from Sony boasts much more than beautiful looks. Slipping discreetly into a jacket pocket or bag, the slim-line T20 includes everything you need to grab breathtaking pictures with minimum fuss and maximum fun.
The perfect partner for any occasion, the all-metal T20 is available in a choice of silver, black, white and pink colour finish options. Despite its compact lines, there’s a wealth of Sony technology packed inside that makes capturing, enjoying and sharing those special moments easier and more fun than ever before.
The T20 sets new standards for crisper, clear pictures from an incredibly compact, slim-line camera. At 8.1 effective megapixels, its sensor offers the highest resolution yet of any T Series Cyber-shot. Image quality is further assured by the Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar® 3x optical zoom lens.
The T20 also includes the new Sony Face Detection technology. This harnesses the power of the BIONZ imaging processor to ensure beautifully-exposed, perfectly focused faces are captured … just as they should be. The hardware-based processor can rapidly recognise and track up to eight human faces in any scene, automatically optimising focus, exposure, flash with red-eye reduction, white balance and colour settings accordingly. The result: beautiful portraits and group shots under any conditions, even in low light or with moving subjects.
Other cameras can struggle to produce great-looking results when you’re indoors or shooting handheld in low light without a flash – but not the T20. Double Anti-blur technology teams image stabilisation with an extremely high sensitivity of ISO 3200 (REI*) for clearer, blur-free results and fewer spoiled pictures.
Inside the T20 you’ll find Sony’s unique BIONZ imaging processor. Previously found only on the Sony α100 Digital SLR camera, this powerful hardware processor assures superlative picture quality with responsive, high speed operation. For even more refined, fuss-free results with minimum fuss, Dynamic Range Optimiser (DRO) technology automatically adjusts contrast and exposure – even with tricky back-lit scenes and other ‘problem’ shots.
The T20 makes it easier than ever to experience great-looking pictures any way you want. Images can be viewed on the clear, bright 2.5-inch Clear Photo LCD plus screen. Alternatively, Full HD quality (1080 line) still images can be enjoyed with the highest possible quality on any BRAVIA television or HD-ready display (requires optional connection cable or HD docking station).
Slide Show mode displays stored images in sequence on the camera’s screen with a choice of musical accompaniments and transition effects. Connect the T20 to any HD ready display and Slide Shows can be enjoyed in HD 16:9 format – so everyone at home can get the full picture of your special memories.
The camera’s screen also provides direct access to your pictures with a range of fun in-camera retouching features – without the need for transferring images to a PC. Trimming and red-eye reduction are completed by soft focus filter, cross filter, part colour filter and fish-eye filter effects.
Even beginners can get the most out of the camera’s powerful features. The T20 features an easy-to-use Function Guide that offers a helpful on-screen explanation of all menu functions. Bundled accessories include Picture Motion Browser Ver 2.0 software for easy image management, wrist strap, rechargeable battery and charger, and USB/DC?in/AV-out multi cable.
A Sony Spokesperson said: “Research from Sony has revealed that 66% of T-Series users considered the compact size of the range the most important factor when purchasing. Combined with the advanced features of the T20, the camera is set to become an essential purchase for 2007”
To fully enjoy the High Definition experience use the optional Cyber-shot station CSS-HD1. Just place the Cyber-shot T20 on the station and use it for real HD slideshows. It will also charge your camera and comes supplied with all the necessary connectors and a remote control for ease of use. Another affordable option for the HD experience is the VMC-MHC1 cable that plugs directly to your Cyber-shot and allows for full HD image playback through your television. Other optional accessories include a range of high quality genuine leather cases in a variety of colours to match your camera and personality. Also available is a spare Lithium Ion rechargeable battery (NP-BG1), and a Marine Pack for use down to 40m under water (MPK-THD).
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T20 key features:
- 8.1 effective megapixels
- High Definition, Full HD 1080 output for displaying still images on an HD Ready television or display (using optional cable)
- Double Anti-blur technology combining Super SteadyShot and ISO 3200 high sensitivity (REI)
- Face Detection automatically tracks and focuses on faces in the picture
- Slim, stylish metal body with sliding lens cover – silver finish, also available in black, white and pink
- Carl-Zeiss Vario-Tessar® lens
- 3x optical zoom, 5.1x HD smart zoom, 6x digital zoom, up to 15x smart zoom
- 1cm macro for ultra close-up shooting
- Large hybrid 2.5-inch (6.2cm) Clear Photo LCD plus screen
- BIONZ processor for improved picture quality and high speed operation
- DRO (Dynamic Range Optimiser) technology for automatic correction of contrast and exposure
- In-camera retouching including red-eye correction and trimming
- HD slideshow with music for playback on camera’s LCD screen or 16:9 playback on a connected HD television
- STAMINA battery life up to 350 shots (CIPA standard with LCD screen on)
- MPEG Movie VX (VGA 30fps movie mode with audio)
- PictBridge for direct connection to printer without need for PC
- Easy operation with on-screen function guide
- 28MB internal memory
- On-screen menu in choice of 17 languages: Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Supplied with: rechargeable battery, charger, AV & USB cables, wrist strap and Picture Motion Browser software (Ver 2.0)
- Compatible with a wide range of optional Sony accessories