Home » News » Multimedia » Fujifilm introduces FinePix S5 Pro to US market
FUJIFILM U.S.A. unveiled the full specifications, availability and retail price for the highly anticipated FinePix S5 Pro. Announced in development at Photokina 2006, the FinePix S5 Pro is scheduled for nationwide market availability February 2007 at a price of $1,999.
Confirming Fujifilm's commitment to professional photographers, the FinePix S5 Pro carries a number of features that appeal to wedding, portrait and studio photographers. One is an expanded dynamic range from the double pixel technology (6.17 million S-pixels and 6.17 million R-pixels) of the camera's Super CCD SR Pro sensor that is approximately 400% wider than that of a CCD working on a single-pixel design. In addition, the FinePix S5 Pro goes a step further by coupling the new Super CCD SR Pro sensor with Fujifilm's new RP Processor Pro for smoother tonality from brightest light to the darkest shadows. An ISO equivalent sensitivity of 3200 is also available on the FinePix S5 Pro, thanks to the RP Processor Pro technology.
Additionally, the camera features Fujifilm's Face Detection Technology. A post-capture function on the FinePix S5 Pro, the technology detects up to ten faces in a scene at the push of a button. Using the camera's LCD monitor, FinePix S5 Pro users can zoom in to the faces of subjects, confirming focus, exposure and whether eyes are open or closed.
Additional highlighted features of the FinePix S5 Pro include: excellent ergonomics with weatherproof seals, a robust shutter mechanism tested to exceed 100,000 cycles, and advancements to the Film Simulation Mode with the addition of three new settings for varying skin tones.
FinePix S5 Pro Digital Camera Specifications
- Type of camera: Interchangeable-lens SLR-type digital camera
- Number of Effective Pixels: 12.34 million (S-pixel: 6.17million, R- pixel: 6.17million) pixels
- CCD sensor: 23.0mmx 15.5mm Super CCD SR Pro
- Number of recorded pixels: L: 4,256x2,848 / M:3,024x2,016 / S:2,304x1,536 pixels
- Storage media: Compact Flash™ (CF) Card (Type I/II) and Microdrive™
- File format Image quality mode: Exif-JPEG (Exif2.21(*2) compatible)´ FINE / NORMAL [Design rule for Camera File System 2.0 compliant / DPOF-compatible]/ CCD-RAW(14bit) / CCD-RAW + Exif-JPEG
- Picture angle: Approx. 1.5x focal length in 35mm format equivalent
- Sensitivity: AUTO, ISO100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500 /3200 (Standard Output Sensitivity)
- LCD back monitor: 2.5-inch approx. 230,000 pixels low temperature polysilicon TFT color LCD (approx. 100% frame coverage for playback)
- Built-in flash: Manual pop-up with button release. Guide No. 12(ISO 100, m). i-TTL balanced fill-flash or standard i-TTL flash. Flash synchronization up to 1/250 sec.
- Video output: NTSC / PAL selectable(*3)
- Digital interface: USB 2.0 (High-Speed)
- Dimensions: 5.8in. (W) x 4.4in. (H) x 2.9in. (D) (not including accessories and attachments)
- Accessories included: Rechargeable Li-ion battery NP-150, Battery charger BC-150, Shoulder strap, Camera body cap, Eyepiece cap, LCD cover, USB cable(mini-B), Video cable, Accessory shoe cover, Synchronizing terminal cap, Remote release socket cap, CD-ROM [ image browser with CCD-RAW converting function ]
- Power source: Rechargeable Li-ion battery (included) or AC Power Adapter AC-135VN (Optional)