Home » News » Business » Amazon.com lets "Customers Vote" for extraordinary deals this Holiday Season
During the next four weeks, Amazon.com will let customers decide which fantastic deals are offered this holiday season. "Amazon Customers Vote" starts today and continues through the next four weeks. Every Thursday, a new set of four extraordinary deals will be announced on the Amazon.com homepage. Some are popular items this holiday season and others are unique products that customers can only find on Amazon.com. These deals go well above traditional holiday discounting, so customers must vote on the one deal they want Amazon.com to offer each week. For week one, customers can vote today through next Tuesday (November 21), the deal with the most votes will be announced next Wednesday (November 22), and that deal can be purchased beginning at 11 a.m. PT next Thursday (November 23, Thanksgiving Day) -- the same day the next four deals will be up for voting.
The first week's four deals that are up for voting on the Amazon.com homepage today include:
* 1,000 Xbox 360 core systems, each for $100 (normally $299.99)
* 2,500 Mongoose dual-suspension mountain bikes, each for $30 (normally $139.99)
* 2,000 Barbie in the 12 Dancing Princesses interactive Genevieve dolls, each for $10 (normally $49.84)
* 2,000 Amazon Prime memberships for $40 (normally $79) and receive a free $100 Amazon.com Toys Store promotional certificate.
Customers are allowed one vote per week but are encouraged to campaign for their deal with friends and family by e-mailing them from the Amazon Customers Vote page. All offers are brand-new, top-quality products.
More deals customers can expect to see (with similar quantities) on the Customers Vote ballot during the next four weeks include:
* Portable DVD player
* Elliptical trainer
* One-year subscription of diapers
* 1-carat-weight diamond earrings
* 14-volt cordless drill
* Two-room eight-person family tent
* 26-inch LCD HDTV
* Swiss Army pocket knife
* George Foreman grill
"Customers love great deals during the holiday season," said Craig Berman, Amazon.com spokesman. "Amazon Customers Vote is a fun way to offer four great products at four ridiculous prices and empower our customers to determine which one wins."