Clam AntiVirus's Description
Clam AntiVirus is a GPL anti-virus toolkit for UNIX. The main purpose of this software is the integration with mail servers (attachment scanning). The package provides a flexible and scalable multi-threaded daemon, a command line scanner, and a tool for automatic updating via Internet. The programs are based on a shared library distributed with the Clam AntiVirus package, which you can use with your own software. Most importantly, the virus database is kept up to date .
Key features of "Clam AntiVirus"
- command-line scanner
- fast, multi-threaded daemon
- milter interface for sendmail
- database updater with support for digital signatures
- virus scanner C library
- on-access scanning (Linux® and FreeBSD)
- virus database updated multiple times per day (see home page for total number if signatures)
- built-in support for RAR (2.0), Zip, Gzip, Bzip2, Tar, MS OLE2, MS Cabinet files, MS CHM (Compressed HTML), MS SZDD
- built-in support for mbox, Maildir and raw mail files
- built-in support for Portable Executable files compressed with UPX, FSG, and Petite