Casino Vérité Blackjack's Description
The Casino Vérité Blackjack software includes over 500 options and many Blackjack games as briefly outlined on this page. The aim of these games is total immersion in the environment of a real casino. CV Blackjack is used for card counting practice and drills.
Casino realism remains the main philosophy behind CV. CV Blackjack V4 focuses on the learning process - for beginning, intermediate and advanced players. Many beginners are intimidated by counting because it is quite difficult at the start. Eventually it becomes second nature. But even then, most players are intimidated by more advanced play. It is difficult to get started and to even know if you are using advanced techniques correctly. Version 4 is focused on moving forward, step by step, and tracking your progress over time. You will gain a realistic feel for the application of new techniques and if you attempt to advance too quickly to more complex play, you will see your error rates increase before you experience casino losses.
Key features of "Casino Vérité Blackjack"
* Rule Variations - Blackjack games generally contain a half dozen or fewer rule variations. CV has over 100 rule and play variations that can be set in literally trillions of combinations. Click here to see a list of some of these variations: Blackjack Rules.
* Custom Bonuses - Can't find your rules, the only Blackjack game that allows you to create your own.
* 3D graphics - Photo-realistic graphics with animated discard tray and shoe. Several sets of card graphics including 3D perspective. Dealer cards have a different shape and size to simulate distance.
* Tutorial - a 24 lesson Blackjack Basic Strategy and Card Counting tutorial is included.
* Casino Definitions - Generally, Blackjack games include 1 to 4 casino definitions. CV includes a data base with 1170 rule sets in 740 actual casinos from Las Vegas to Kathmandu; from Indian reservations to cruise ships. You can set the game's rules by selecting a real casino or defining your own.
* CV/TrackJack Link - For more up to date casino conditions, a link to the Trackjack Web casino database loads new Blackjack casino information directly from the Internet for TrackJack subscribers.
* Maps - Three city and 17 state maps are included. Casino locations and statistics are displayed. Casino rules can also be displayed.
* Heat - A ridiculously complex algorithm is included in an attempt to indicate the amount of casino attention that your play is drawing.
* Calculators - Several Blackjack calculators are provided. With the Advantage Calculator, select the rules that you wish, and CV will calculate the starting casino advantage for different numbers of decks. A Risk of Ruin Calculator helps in sizing your bets or bankroll requirements. Other calculators also exist.
* Casino Spreadsheet - A spreadsheet is created with 1170 rows, one for each rule set in the data base. The columns provide information and rules for each rule set. At first, the rule sets are sorted by Country or State, and then City. However, you can change the sorting order by switching the order of the columns. This allows views of the 740 casinos in different groupings and sub-groupings. Also, the casino advantage for 94% of the casinos is calculated and placed in a column. If you wish, you can sort on this column to see the best casinos. Or, sort on penetration then advantage for best card counting games. Or, sort on State, then penetration, then advantage to see the best card counting casinos in a particular area.
* Table formats - Many different Blackjack game formats are supported. You can sit at the center or at either end of the table. The table is rotated and cards are dealt sideways and upside down to give you a more realistic perspective. Specialized formats for Multi-Action or side bets are also supported.
* Statistics - Extensive logs, graphs and statistics using a modern relational database. The data can be segmented and searched in many manners. In addition, pop-up stats on the screen can be displayed by simply moving the mouse over hot spots.
* Drills - Playing the game is fun. But, drills are where you nail down accurate play. 37 drills are included. Numerous options are provided for each drill including the ability to throw cards at you in different combinations of number of cards, card placement and orientation. Photo-realistic discard trays are used in the drills. Advanced drills are now included such as back-counting two tables. New chip counting drills have been included for tournament players.
* Strategies - You can select from numerous basic or card counting strategies. The drills and actual play can be tested against these strategies. Over 400 strategy tables are included. Over/Under 13 strategy support is also provided. Strategies supported include those of Wong, Vancura & Fuchs, Snyder, Carlson, Humble, George C., Renzey, Stricker, Shackleford, and Canfield. All strategies are supplied with authorization from the respective authors. For a complete list, see Card Counting Strategies.
* Betting Strategies - Betting strategies can also be defined to check your betting. Strategies can vary from simple units per count to extremely complex cover betting. For details see Blackjack Betting Strategies.
* Advanced Strategy Warning Support - Most people have not attempted more complex counting techniques because there has been no way of testing yourself. Warnings during play can now be generated when violating the new complex strategies including: betting side counts, complex cover play, different betting and Wonging by deck depth, multiple hand betting, multi-parameter tables, counting by inference and different sets of indexes by deck depth. You can also define complex basic strategy rules for games like Spanish 21 and SuperFun21.
* Deck Biases - Practice with a game is slow because 95% of hands are easy. Five kinds of deck biases are optionally added to force more difficult hands. The game adapts to your errors making better use of your time.
* Dealer errors - There are now seven kinds of dealer errors. You can test your ability to catch such errors as they can be expensive. For details see Blackjack Error Simulation.
* Custom Strategies - If the strategy that you use is not included, you can define your own in excruciating detail. Strategy, betting Lucky Ladies, Red/Black, Royal Match, Hole-Counting and Over/Under 13 strategies can all be user defined. Warnings and records of strategy violations are provided.
* Unusual Games - New Blackjack games are supported, like Multi-action, Over/Under13, Red/Black, Double Exposure, Royal Match, Bust Out, Super 7's, Spanish 21, SuperFun 21, 21 Madness, Lucky Ladies, Blcakjack Switch and Seven & 1/2.
* Improving the odds - Expert methods are supported, like front loading, spooking, Wonging, warped card recognition and team play.
* ITests - Internet Tests are standardized tests that allow you to compare your results with other users via the Internet. Your scores are automatically uploaded to the Web.
* Unusual features - Realistic Blackjack features are supported, like tipping, face up or down dealing, players coming and going, and the dealer playing for you in obvious situations.
* CVJournal - CVJournal is a new facility designed to ease the tracking of actual casino results. Using an Access database, you can store, manipulate, calculate, sort, select and chart session data. For example, you can easily request all six deck games played at the MGM. The relevant records will be displayed, sorted in whatever manner you wish, calculations made on the data and charts created.
* CVTest - CVTest is a new facility designed to measure your long-term progress and identify weak spots in your skills. Basically, strings of different drills are placed into scripts or tests. There exist standard tests or you can create your own. Teams can create their own standard tests and distribute them.
* Normal movements - To increase realism in the Blackjack game, play can be performed with natural casino hand movements instead of using buttons.
* Window sizes - Four window sizes are supported: VGA, SuperVGA, UltraVGA & 1280x1024. Graphics are NOT stretched, but are generated at different resolutions with gray scales for extremely high resolution.
* Player File - Multiple users can be registered. Over 500 parameter, option and status settings are saved for each player. Separate logs are also kept by user and session.
* Shuffle Tracking - CVShuffle, an optional add-in product, adds shuffle tracking analysis and practice functions to the Blackjack games.
* UMPC - V4.1 is now available for users of the Samsung Q1 Ultramobile PC (AKA UMPC or Microsoft Origami)
* Help - In addition to 130 pages of on-line Help, CV uses Help ‘Balloons’ to guide you through the myriad features.
* Assistant - An animated, talking assistant that provides advice as you play. She also acts as a tour guide and a distraction.
* Manual - A 120 page printed manual is included. The manual contains the most extensive explanation of Blackjack odd-ball rules in print.